* Conflict with vpn

Please only post suggestions and requests for help on using this web site here.

For help with FAMILY HISTORIAN itself please post in the Using Family Historian - General Usage Forum above.
rfj1001
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Conflict with vpn

Post by rfj1001 »

I've had Nordvpn running on my pc for a few years - nothing special, just connected to a UK server.

Over the last few days I've not been able to access the fhug website (just times out) and I've now worked out that if I disconnect vpn, I can access it with no problems.

Access to all other websites seem fine

Obviously, something has changed somewhere - but not sure what. Does anyone know how to overcome the problem so I don't have to disconnect Nordvpn every time I want to access fhug?

Many thanks
PeterR
Megastar

Re: Conflict with vpn

Post by PeterR »

BREXIT?
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

This may be an issue with NordVPN rather than the FHUG site. I use the Symantec VPN and have no problems accessing the FHUG site.

Bill
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

I'm a relative newcomer to NordVPN (I have, though, used others), and don't have it set to auto start on my laptop. After I read your post I invoked it and connected to a UK server (I am "stuck" in Greece at the moment) - attempts to open FHUG and BBC News both failed but after I ran the offered diagnostics (which reset the network devices), I did get through to both websites successfully. Not sure that really helps you, but at least I can confirm successful connection to the FHUG website when using NordVPN.
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

In order to keep the amount of spammers out we use Cleantalk to block troublesome IPs so it's possible some of the Nord ones have been blocked.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."