* Changes to Maintaining the KB not showing in Active topics

Please only post suggestions and requests for help on using this web site here.

For help with FAMILY HISTORIAN itself please post in the Using Family Historian - General Usage Forum above.
Mark1834
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Changes to Maintaining the KB not showing in Active topics

Post by Mark1834 »

Changes to the Maintaining the KnowledgeBase don't show up in the Active topics list, but changes to the Closed items sub-thread within it do! That feels odd, particularly as the main KB thread is down the bottom of the page and off the screen until you scroll down.

I'm probably not the only person who has Active topics as their browser bookmark, so can miss relevant postings on the KB. It's a thread for all users to contribute to, not just the handful of KB authors.
Mark Draper
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Changes to Maintaining the KB not showing in Active topics

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I wonder if they're just not 'active' enough, compared with other threads at the same time? There's nothing abut the Forum that sets it apart, except for its list of moderators.

It shows up in Unread Posts which is what I have bookmarked.
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Unread Posts is only available once you have logged on. I can't speak for anybody but me of course, but I only log on when I have something to say, not when just browsing.
Mark Draper
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

There's still nothing we can do to make it appear in Active Topics, the algorithm for which is determined by the underlying software and can't be varied. You can vary the period involved (scroll down and use the Display and Sorting Options) but that probably won't help.

Can I suggest a password manager that automatically logs you in?
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Odd - my post here was the first one for two months and appeared immediately, but there have been several posts in the KB forum in the past couple of days and nothing has shown up... :?

If it’s another software bug we can’t fix we’ll just have to live with it I guess.
Mark Draper