* Fact Sets

Older V4 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
janefrances
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Fact Sets

Post by janefrances »

I'm having a problem trying to import the Kinsfolk fact set. It's showing up in my fact sets after installing it however it appears to be a empty folder. [confused]

ID:6943
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Fact Sets

Post by tatewise »

I am not sure what you mean by an 'empty folder'.
Where is this 'empty folder'?

Did you follow the Installation Instructions:
The download is a ZIP file of a Family Historian 4 project folder. Simply extract all its contents to your Family Historian Projects folder. If using an earlier Family Historian then extract the ZIP file to any convenient folder. Locate the KinsfolkKinsfolk.fh_dataKinsfolk.ged file and double click it to open Family Historian. Then use File > Import > Facts Set from KinsfolkPublicKinsfolk.fhf.
To extract the Kinsfolk.zip file contents, use right-click Extract All... and choose the folder to extract into.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
janefrances
Famous

Fact Sets

Post by janefrances »

This is what I have done. Tools-Work with fact sets. When I drop down the Event/Attribute list the fact set is showing but it appears to be nothing in it.

In my documents I have a folder named Family historian projects, clicking on this I have  folders Family historian sample projects, Janes family tree and kinsfolk.

Using Windows 7
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Fact Sets

Post by tatewise »

I am still not sure what you mean by 'When I drop down the Event/Attribute list the fact set is showing but it appears to be nothing in it.'
The Tools > Work With Fact Sets option opens the Event/Attribute List dialogue that should look like this:

Under Fact Set you can see the Kinsfolk entries amongst other Fact Sets, but your only other Fact Set may be just Standard.

What in this Event/Attribute List dialogue has 'nothing in it' in your display?

In FH can you use File > Project Window, select Kinsfolk from Project List, and open it with Open Project button?

Did you use File > Import/Export > Import > Fact Set and open ...Family Historian ProjectsKinsfolkPublicKinsfolk.fhf to install the Kinsfolk Fact Set?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
janefrances
Famous

Fact Sets

Post by janefrances »

Tried again this afternoon with a fresh mind and discovered I had missed out public/Kinsfolk.fhf

All sorted now. Thanks again.[smile]