* Possible bug: Family Properties - Sentence

Older V3 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
MarkB
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

Possible bug: Family Properties - Sentence

Post by MarkB » 31 Mar 2006 18:37

Hi, this is my first post.
I'm not sure if it is a bug but I've just noticed that when I display a Family record in the Property dialog, the Sentence field at the bottom has not been expanded, for instance it displays this for the Married event:

Code: Select all

{individual} married {spouse/her/him} {date} {place}
Any one else confirm this?
Mark

ID:1481

Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by Jane » 31 Mar 2006 18:46

Looks like it could be a minor one, it does not affect reports which resolve ok. I don't think it will impact anything major, I will highlight it to Calico.

To be honest I hardly ever use the Family dialogue, so had not noticed it, good pick up.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

MarkB
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

Post by MarkB » 31 Mar 2006 19:40

Looks like it could be a minor one
Yes, it isn't a real problem, just a niggle.
I will highlight it to Calico.
Thanks, I wasn't sure where I should post such things.
To be honest I hardly ever use the Family dialogue
I think I was there by accident [smile]

cheers
Mark

SunnyLady
Famous
Family Historian: V4

Post by SunnyLady » 01 Apr 2006 17:47

I don't think this is a bug - it enables one to change what the sentence says.  the only caution is that one must be careful not to delete the field names.

It only seems to change that one individual's sentence for the specific event, I think, and not globally for everyone's event.  

For example '{individual} was born {date} {place}' can be changed to read '{individual} is thought to have been born {date} {place}'.  

Makes for much better reading in the right circumstance - sometimes the default does come out a bit odd!  So  in my view not a bug but an improvement

PeterR
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by PeterR » 13 Jul 2006 22:08

Hello, I've been using FH less than 10 days and am very impressed with FH and with FHUG.  But I have to agree that the Family Event sentence field does have a slight bug. The corresponding field for the Individual Properties dialogue also allows editing but switches to display the resulting sentence when you click in another field. I'm sure the Family Event Sentence field should behave the same way.
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)