* B&D dates in main tab of property dialog

Older V3 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
JonAxtell
Superstar
Family Historian: None

B&D dates in main tab of property dialog

Post by JonAxtell »

I've just come across a small problem with the property dialog. On one individual I noticed that the main tab of the property dialog didn't show the individual's birth and death dates, though they appeared in the lifedates column in the record window. When I went to the All tab, the dates were there. I then clicked on another person and went back to my individual and the date had disappeared from the All tab too.

It's not that I might have got confused and thought a date was there when there never was because the source for the birth and death dates was still there, as was the place.

The only thing I had just done to the individual was merge two records together, in which the only difference was the names and one had a birth & death date, the other the marriage details.

ID:2128
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

Was the property dialogue open during this process?

Did re-opening the file resolve the problem. Also can you confirm you do not have any 'blank' birth/death events in the All tab?
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
JonAxtell
Superstar

Post by JonAxtell »

Yes, the property dialog was open. I keep it open all the time along with the sources pane.

Re-opening the file didn't help. I looked at the file just after it had occured in another program and the individual didn't have dates for B or D.

I can confirm that when I first noticed that the individual didn't have dates in the main tab, but the record window showed the dates, that the all tab definately showed the dates. But when I went to another individual and back, the all tab didn't show the dates.

HTH
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

Does the record have dates? can you do a screen grab of the problem.

I am having problems working out from your description what is going on, and have been unable to reproduce the problem
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
JonAxtell
Superstar

Post by JonAxtell »

I didn't have time to screen grap before the symptoms disappeared. I've got screen grabs from after the dates had disappeared from the All tab so they don't show a mismatch between the two.

Below is the Gedcom record for the person, but with the dates added back in that would have been there. Attached are the main and all tabs for the person.

[pre]0 @I8027@ INDI
1 NAME Ernest Victor /Axtell/
2 GIVN Ernest Victor
2 SURN Axtell
1 SEX M
1 BIRT
2 DATE BET JUL 1906 AND SEP 1906
2 PLAC Wandsworth, London, England
2 SOUR @S1@
3 PAGE Vol 1d/Page 620
3 DATA
4 DATE BET JUL 1906 AND SEP 1906
4 TEXT Axtell, Ernest Victor - Wandsworth - 1d/620
1 DEAT
2 DATE JUL 1987
2 PLAC Croydon, London, Surrey, England
2 SOUR @S16@
3 PAGE Vol 11/Page 1519
3 DATA
4 DATE JUL 1987
3 NOTE Croydon, London, Surrey
1 FAMS @F2397@
1 SOUR @S2@
2 DATA
3 DATE 9 OCT 2006
1 _FLGS
2 __PUBLIC Public
1 CHAN
2 DATE 22 JAN 2007
3 TIME 10:49:41[/pre]

Basically the dates seemed to disappear from the record after a merge, with them staying visable on the all tab and the record window until after I had selected another person and then gone back to the affected person.

HTH