* Diagram not updated properly when entering data

Older V3 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
JonAxtell
Superstar
Family Historian: None

Diagram not updated properly when entering data

Post by JonAxtell »

If you enter individuals via the property dialog with the diagram window open and showing the family you are adding to, the diagram is not updated properly in certain circumstances.

I enter a child's details in their parent's dialog by first entering their name and birth date, then clicking the '>>' button to enter the birth place (very irritating to not be able to do this in the same place as the birth date, but that's another issue). Having entered the birth place I usually hit the 'Parents>>' button to go to the next child. However because the child list keeps getting reset to the first, I found it irritating to have to keep scrolling to the last child to enter a new one. So I tried hitting the back button. This partially worked as the list didn't reset to the start, but did not quite go back to the current state. It actually went to the 3 child, but I'm not sure why - another issue. Anyway when I looked at the diagram after entering a number of childrem, the ones I had hit '>' on did have their details. When I selected Window->Refresh the diagram updated properly.

Screencap showing state before refreshing diagram.

ID:2143
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

Jon, can I suggest a work around for now, why not use the drag down option to create children, this adds a child and opens the property dialogue for the child so you can enter all the data.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
JonAxtell
Superstar
Family Historian: None

Post by JonAxtell »

Thanks but I wasn't interested in a work around as the Window-Refresh corrects the problem and it an esoteric bug in that it only happens when you hit the back button. Except that when you create a record by using the diagram drag and drop method and click on the back button, the diagram is updated.

And now I've tried again with the back button, the bug hasn't re-appeared. :-(

Is there a procedure for reporting minor bugs such as this rather than on this forum?