* Family Historian 3 on Windows 7

Older V3 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
KenP
Platinum
Family Historian: V6.2

Family Historian 3 on Windows 7

Post by KenP »

I have Family Historian 3 and I recently installed on Windows 7. Everything seems okay but when I start repositioning/ scaling my page boundaries the computer freezes the program. Does anybody know if this is a problem with Family Historian 3 on Windows 7?. If so is there a fix or do I have to bite the bullet and buy the latest version.

ID:6449
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

If you are talking about scaling pages in Diagrams then I believe this is a known problem in FH V3 and FH V4.
I think it is dependent on printer drivers, and has happened to me in various Windows versions including Windows 98 and Windows 7.
The best solution is to upgrade to FH V5, which offers so much extra functionality over FH V3.
If you stick with FH V3, then please remember to post under Version 3 Usage so you don't get answers that only work for later versions.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
KenP
Platinum
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by KenP »

Okay thanks for that. I'll remember about any future posts on V3. Can you buy an upgrade from V3 to V5 or do you just buy the Complete program as new.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

See Knowledge Base advice on Family Historian > Installation > Upgrade Options at How To Upgrade that states 'If you are more than one Release behind (Version 2 or Version 3), you simply purchase a new full version rather than an upgrade'.

A Full Licence download is available at £35.99 from the Family Historian > Store.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry