* saving a formatted tree

Older V2 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
Sylvia5401
Gold
Family Historian: V2

saving a formatted tree

Post by Sylvia5401 »

I have FH2.3 and am just at the stage of supplying printed family trees to other members of the family.  I have created a tree which required a fair amount of formatting but find I cannot save it formatted and so on the next occasion I want to do some work on it I have to format it again.  Is it possible to save a formatted tree on FH2.3, if so how, and then how do I open it on another occasion?

ID:6169
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

saving a formatted tree

Post by tatewise »

FH V2.3 is very old, but does it have a File > Save Diagram As > Family Historian Chart option?
This should preserve your formatting.

I would advise upgrading to FH V5 that offers so many more features.
Jane
Site Admin

saving a formatted tree

Post by Jane »

Mike, there are no chart options on V2, you have save as custom diagram, but that's all Charts came in with V3.
NickWalker
Megastar

saving a formatted tree

Post by NickWalker »

Sylvia

I'm afraid that the version of Family Historian you are using is, in computing terms, ancient. Version 2 came out 10 years ago. You've missed upgrading to version 3 back in 2006, version 4 in 2009 and now version 5 in 2012. There have been so many new features and improvements since version 2 that it is almost a different product and most of the people using this site, who are usually so happy to help, will not remember how things were done in version 2, which features were available, etc.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend purchasing version 5 at around £36 for the boxed version in the UK.

Best wishes

Nick