* On Hold until 23 Oct 2024: showing and sorting of baptized date for children

For Wish List Requests that need more work before they can be progressed to the Wish List, because after 3 months, discussions have not arrived at a clear specification of the requirement such that one or more Wish List items can be raised. Items On Hold that are not subsequently refined to a state suitable for the Wish List within a year by the OP or other interested parties will be closed. If the OP feels unable to progress the request, they should ask for volunteers among other interested users to assist.
JoopvB
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

On Hold until 23 Oct 2024: showing and sorting of baptized date for children

Post by JoopvB »

In the focus window the birth column shows the baptized date if no birth date is available. This is great and I would very much like that feature to be also available in the children's window of the property box and also to be able to sort on these dates as well.

As for entry of a baptize date in the children's field of the property box, maybe something of a prefix (~ maybe?) could be used to indicate that the date is not a birth date, but a baptized date when entering a date.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: showing and sorting of baptized date for children

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Could this be satisfied by adding Baptism and Burial to Timeline facts?
davidf
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: showing and sorting of baptized date for children

Post by davidf »

JoopvB wrote: 19 Apr 2021 17:25 As for entry of a baptize date in the children's field of the property box, maybe something of a prefix (~ maybe?) could be used to indicate that the date is not a birth date, but a baptized date when entering a date.
I would be wary of a prefix that has to be "understood"; I understand "~" to be be another indication of "about". What is wrong with the prefix "bap." - I think there is usually space?

I would caveat this with the warning that you have to be certain that your "baptism" events all relate to infant baptisms and not adult baptisms (as for instance practised in the Baptist church). I see on V6 that I have standard facts Baptism, Christening and Christening (adult). The later seems to be the anomaly - I would have expected Baptism (adult).

Even "infant baptisms" can be deferred - I have instances of a family "getting a batch christened" when some of those "infants" are in fact several years old.
Property box showing space for "bap" before children's "birth" date; Also deferred baptism of mother
Property box showing space for "bap" before children's "birth" date; Also deferred baptism of mother
Screenshot from 2022-07-26 12-43-26.png (38.59 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
David
Running FH 6.2.7. Under Wine on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS + LXDE 11)
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: On Hold until 23 October 2024: showing and sorting of baptized date for children

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I've put this on hold as the OP hasn't responded to any comments.