* Access To Place/Address Media From Properties Tab

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
Fred
Platinum
Family Historian: V6.2

Access To Place/Address Media From Properties Tab

Post by Fred »

When attaching media to a Place via the Records List, FH to create a visible link (icon) by the side of the Place item on any Individuals Property Fact tab where that same identical Place is entered (background discussion details are on the General Usage Board under the Media and addresses / Places (18069) thread). The same could also be applied to Address.
Vyger
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Re: Access To Place/Address Media From Properties Tab

Post by Vyger »

I was very much hoping this would be part of version 7 but alas not yet. Addresses or sites have their own history and in another program I can geocode them, add notes and Media embellishing my database. Keeping these separate as Place Details also leave the actual place field more concise for online matching or sharing with others so second your wish.
Genealogy Reviews - research methods for a more productive future
Fred
Platinum

Post by Fred »

Yep, I've just upgraded to v7 and also disappointed to see that this functionality was not included , but hopeful that by listing it here we can get it added in the not too distant future as it does seem to be a bit of a no brainer. :roll:
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Simply posting in this FHUG Forum has little or no impact on the program developer Calico Pie.
We are just the users, they update the FH program.
The Wish List itself was temporarily out of action during the release of FH V7.
Items on the Wish List that get sufficient Votes do sometimes get incorporated into FH but can take years.

With all the involvement in the FH V7 new features, the Moderators here will find it difficult to find time to add new entries to the Wish List. Sorry!

To make a suggestion to CalicoPie, I advise you use their http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php support ticket system.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

The Wish List itself was temporarily out of action during the release of FH V7.
The Wish List was take off line to update it for all of the features added in V7 in advance of the release going live, because of the workload the admin saw coming.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

Please do not raise tickets for new feature requests.

Calico do take notice of the Wish List as can be seen by the number of items ticked off with V7. As the treat addresses like places is already on the list if you have not voted for it then I recommend you do so.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Ron Melby
Megastar

Post by Ron Melby »

As the treat addresses like places is already on the list if you have not voted for it then I recommend you do so.

Jane, where? I dont see it. I would vote for it nano-second by nano-second to get it to top of todos.
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Closing this as it duplicates an existing request.