* Fact Type Pictures

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
gfpgfp
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Fact Type Pictures

Post by gfpgfp »

I have quite a few pictures that I would like to associate with individual facts in eg the individual summary report. At present all picture type 'other' are grouped above or to the side of the text.

Individual Events and Attributes
Birth Jul 1891 XXXXXX, London1

Pic 1 pic 2
Baptism Aug 1891 (age 0)
Occupation 1911 (age 19-20) Clerk

Pic 1 pic 2 Pic 3

Pic 4

Residence 1927 New York

Pic 1

Etc…………
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Fact Type Pictures

Post by tatewise »

This is related to your recent posting Multimedia display for each fact (17927).
Please give explicit examples of your Multimedia 'pictures' as it is unusual to have so many 'pictures' for the Facts of one person. Are you sure they are not source documents that would be better as Source Citations?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
gfpgfp
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by gfpgfp »

Thanks for your reply.

For example, for my father I have 5 pictures taken during a holiday in Europe in 1935, 2 pictures at his school, 2 pictures of his house, and a number of individual pictures. As you suggest I include them at present as source citations, but it makes a long list - 4 pages of 16 citations (so far), with eg census, birth, death and baptism mixed together. Since thumbnails of census etc records are illegible I normally choose not to show source pictures - but then I have none of the pictures I'm really interested in!

Any ideas?

GFPGFP
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

You can alter the size of the images in reports to make things like census records readable. Just go into the report setting options
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, as Colin says, use the Reports > Options > Sources tab to increase image size.
See how_to:report_options:sources#report_options_sources_tab|> Report Options ~ Sources Tab.

If those pictures you mention only apply to your father's Report, and you don't want source documents such as BMD and Census records displayed, then consider attaching the pictures to the Citations instead of the Source record.
Then use the options for Show Source Pictures and Show Source Citation Pictures to enabled/disable the two groups.

You mention the number of pages of citations, but if you include several reasonable size pictures then that is going to significantly increase the number of pages wherever you insert them, whether within Facts or among Sources.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

It's been a while since there was any activity on this, and it isn't clear if the OP's needs were met by the suggestions made. I'm moving it to General Usage now until we hear that a new feature really is required.