* Transpose key stroke

For Wish List Requests that have either (a) been progressed to the Wish List; or (b) been classified as duplicates, or as redundant because the requirement is already satisfied within FH and/or plugins; or (c) closed because it wasn't possible to arrive at a clear specification of the request within 15 months of it being raised.
RogerF
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Transpose key stroke

Post by RogerF »

Typing with my head down, I often make the annoying discovery that I'd earlier slipped into Caps Lock, so I'm now looking at a passage where what should have been in lowercase was in uppercase, and vice versa. bELIEVE ME, IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO DO. What I'd like is to be able to select some text, press Ctrl-T (or similar), and have FH put things right.
Roger Firth, using FH to research the FIRTHs of Lancashire and Yorkshire, and the residents of the market town where I live.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Transpose key stroke

Post by Jane »

Why not just write a plugin to work on the clipboard contents and add it to your tools menu.

or you could use this to disable the caps lock key permanently.

http://www.howtogeek.com/194705/how-to- ... ng-system/
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

See fhugdownloads:contents:utility_autohotkey|> Utility ~ AutoHotkey where the sample download script now also offers the Windows Key + T shortcut to perform exactly the transpose case of selected text as requested, and it works not just in FH but anywhere.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Moved to Closed Wish List Requests as it's satisfied with by AutoHotkey.