* Show Project Statistics plugin and fact flags

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
RS3100
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Show Project Statistics plugin and fact flags

Post by RS3100 »

I have only just become aware of this plugin, following its mention in the "Change Specific Fact - Error on run" thread. What a useful tool. I have already fixed several date typos in my project that I might otherwise never have discovered.

I have a number of individuals though, where I have included two death facts, e.g. where an identically named individual in the same locality has a death or burial record, and I have flagged the incorrect fact as Rejected. I retain those facts with suitable notes attached, so that in the event of any future queries I know that I have already investigated the event and discounted it for the reasons that I have recorded.

The Show Project Statistics plugin reports "Fact Date is later than the individual's death date" for all such individuals, where there are other events recorded which occurr later than the rejected death fact.

Would it be possible to include an option to ignore facts flagged as Rejected when calculating relevant dates?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Show Project Statistics plugin and fact flags

Post by tatewise »

Those Fact Date warnings are not under the direct control of the plugin.
The standard Query Fact Date Warnings will raise the same warnings.
Also, when entering the second Death Event FH will raise the same warning.
All the plugin is doing is regenerating those same FH standard fact warnings and grouping them together.

To change the criteria for those warnings would require CP to make a change.

Once you have fully reviewed any type of exception it can be inhibited via the Options tab of the plugin.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
RS3100
Superstar

Post by RS3100 »

Ah, thanks Mike. That makes sense.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

On further investigation, it seems that multiple Death events of themselves do not trigger the warning.
The warning "Fact Date is later than the individual's death date" applies only to Life Time facts dated after a Death event Date.
That occurs even when the Death event has the Rejected flag and perhaps that anomaly should be reported to CP.

The Rejected flag is honoured elsewhere, such as the Focus Window omits the Death date for Rejected Death events.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
RS3100
Superstar

Post by RS3100 »

Yes, that is what prompted my original post, because the help file states that "Marking a fact as rejected means that it will be excluded from diagrams and reports, and not used in calculating life dates, etc."

I can confirm that all the warnings generated in such circumstances in my project do relate to life time facts occurring after the rejected death fact, rather than to the subsequent (not rejected) death fact. Sorry I did not make that clear.

I have submitted a ticket and will update with the response.

Edit: Just to add, that it is not just Death events that have been flagged as rejected which trigger a warning. I have one individual who has a rejected Census entry after her confirmed death. This might be considered rather odd, but she was the eldest of two sisters, who had died 2 years before the date of the 1911 census. Her father had entered both daughters on the census form and erroneously crossed out the name of the living daughter, marking her as "decd", whilst leaving the deceased daughter as apparently alive on the form. I have included the census fact for her because she appears on the form, but rejected it for that reason. The query reports that the fact is later than the individual's death date. So it appears that the Rejected fact flag is not being honoured no matter what fact it has been set against.
RS3100
Superstar

Post by RS3100 »

Ticket response from CP - passed to the developers for investigation.