* Rename Source Media Plugin

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Rename Source Media Plugin

Post by David Potter »

Evening all.
I think I'm right in saying Windows 10 now supports Long File Name support up to 32767 characters. So I'm puzzled if this error message is a Plugin issue or a FH7 issue? Why does the error message appear to blame Windows? Or is it a Path Length issue?
Please advise.

PS - I have the Registry Tweak to enable Long File Names active.

Thank You
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (199.2 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Rename Source Media Plugin

Post by tatewise »

It is my understanding that even if Windows 10 is tweaked for Long File Names it is up to each application to decide whether to support that feature. Bearing in mind that FH must also run under Windows 7 and 8 may be that length of filename is not supported. The Plugin relies on the Lua 5.3 os.rename(...) function so I suspect it is outside the control of FH and down to the Lua 5.3 implementation.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David Potter
Megastar

Re: Rename Source Media Plugin

Post by David Potter »

Yes fair enough Mike. I take your point. I have managed to work around the problem by shortening my folder names once again. They are becoming less meaniful by way of naming but it works to solve the problem.

Thank you...