* plugin question after update to FH 7

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
BillH
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

plugin question after update to FH 7

Post by BillH »

I just updated to FH 7 and am working through getting everything set up. I am now working on my plugins. I am seeing some things in my plugin list in Tools > Plugins that were not there in FH 6. They are
  • ltn12
  • luasql
  • md5
  • pl
  • socket
When I look in C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\Plugins I see folders called
  • luasql
  • md5
  • mime
  • pl
  • socket
and files called
  • ltn12.lua
  • md5.lua
  • mime.lua
  • socket.lua
  • zip.dll
If these were there in FH 6 they didn't show up in the list of plugins in Tools > Plugins.

Do I need these 7 folders and files or can they be safely deleted? They are causing the Check Installed Plugins Against the Store to get errors like the following.

image1.jpg
image1.jpg (19.41 KiB) Viewed 1449 times
Thanks,
Bill
Bill Henshaw
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: plugin question after update to FH 7

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

You can get rid of those files -- in FH7 they're in a different place: C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\Program\Lua.

If you're interested, Heads up for plugin authors in V7 (18787) is relevant.
BillH
Megastar

Re: plugin question after update to FH 7

Post by BillH »

Helen,

Thanks for the info and the link. I did a search in the forums as I thought I had read something about this along the way, but I didn't search for the right things.

Bill
Bill Henshaw