* Averages and Show Project Statistics.

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
E Wilcock
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Averages and Show Project Statistics.

Post by E Wilcock »

I am sorry to bother you Mike but yesterday I was looking to see whether fh allows one to find the average age of a group of people?
I think fh lets one see the average age at death? So logically it should be possible to find the average age of people at a census.
I adapted the fh query to find the age at death, and used it to display a column with the age at the 1939 census.
I have downloaded your plug in Show Project Statistics.
Can an average be found in fh or in your plug in or must I export the results to MSExcel and do the calculation there?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Averages and Show Project Statistics.

Post by tatewise »

I don't believe FH has any average age features.

In my plugins, I have to use mathematical calculations such as average = math.floor( intTot / intNum + 0.5 )

So the only straightforward solution is to use a Query to list ages, save it to CSV and use a spreadsheet like MS Excel.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
E Wilcock
Megastar

Re: Averages and Show Project Statistics.

Post by E Wilcock »

Thank you. I will do.