* Lua and IUP et al in version 7

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Ron Melby
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Lua and IUP et al in version 7

Post by Ron Melby »

I cannot post on the Orde announcement, and I have read Eastman's blog as well and scanned various and sundry posts here as well as there, and cannot find what will be done about getting Lua and IUP into the 90's. There are some insiders here, and other very knowlegable and expert users, does anyone have info on how or if FH will be keeping abreast of the latest enhancements to their plug in language of choice or adding more plugin languages?
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Lua and IUP et al in version 7

Post by tatewise »

I've moved this to the Plugin Discussions Forum.
I have posted a related topic Plugin Warning - Unicode Ahead! (17926) and raised a similar support ticket with Calico Pie.
As users, we know no more you do. I suggest you raise a support ticket with Calico Pie and ask them.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Lua and IUP et al in version 7

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

There's no point advising people to waste their time asking Calico Pie, Mike -- we know they don't answer such enquiries. Ron will just have to wait with you and everybody else to see what FH7 brings. However, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some movement -- Lua 5.1 is 14 years old...

We have of course been to this rodeo before: Updated versions of Lua and libraries? (16323)