Updated: The plugin is now in the Plugin Store!
I have tested everything I can think of, but every software developer knows that the interval between releasing a test version and it breaking is vanishingly small! And I will naturally hide my head and wail when obvious errors appear ( probably pointed out by Mike Tate -- which should not prevent him from reporting them!)
I propose to leave beta testing open for 3 weeks before publishing to the Plugin store.
See Knowledge Base > What's New in Version 2? for details of the changes but...
===== What's New in Version 2? =====
There are a number of new features in Research Planner Version 2:
- You can choose between using Fact (a custom Attribute) or Note records to store your tasks.
- You can configure the plugin to choose which task fields to use and/or what to call them.
- You can configure the plugin to include Due, Updated and/or Fact Dates.
- You can mark tasks with Tags and use Groups to organise them.
- You can customise the contents of a Task before creating it (based on a Template if you wish), as well as create standard template-based tasks in bulk.
- The plugin installs a very flexible query , and also provides a tool to find all tagged items.
- Help not working --fix identified and applied and working
- Options dialog layout corrupt for at least one user on a laptop screen with a small scaling factor -- more testing needed -- possible workaround in latest version
- Help file download fails on a Mac -- may need to change protocol from https to http and/or download filename -- fix identified and applied and working
- Accessing Help causes multiple instances of the help window to be opened and left open after the plugin closes. Alternate browser-based solution implemented for testing. Tested and working.
- Ongoing issues for some users downloading/extracting Help file. As per Knowledge Base > Installing the Plugin if you have problems installing the Help file you can download and extract it manually.
- Typos in the help file -- now fixed