* One Great Family Export

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
BCourtney
Silver
Family Historian: None

One Great Family Export

Post by BCourtney »

Has anyone exported data from OneGreatFamily? I understand that GEDCOM allows some flexability, however when performing the export I think I have figured out, although they 'preserve' all the linking family with the family @ID records, when an indivdual has multiple names or children and what not as a result of their 'merging' process when doing the export it creates a new individual record for every name in their system, however when using their browser, which is quite nice they display massive pedigree charts that span many, many generations. This linking is hidden internally and allows them to give a nice view. Anyways, getting a useful GEDCOM is looking challenging, and I'm a programmer, and the thought of importing tens of thousands of relatives is extremely appealing, I wanted to see if someone has written a utility to convert their files before I write a program to do it. Thanks.

ID:3147