* Location of imported template collection?

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
bjz
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Location of imported template collection?

Post by bjz »

I can't find my imported TMG template collection (FH7). When I look at individual sources, the collection is TMG Import, but it doesn't appear in the collection list and I can't find it anywhere on my disk to import, enable, disable, anything. The only thing with the name is a file in the Fact Types folder. How do I bring my collection in so I can edit templates in it and manage it in general?

I saw another post that asked a similar question but that case had to do with a collection created in a beta version. In my case I did a direct FH import from TMG and have never used beta versions nor created my own collections.

--Barbara
--Barbara
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Location of imported template collection?

Post by tatewise »

I think you will find the TMG Import collection listed in Tools > Source Template Definitions...
See the Collection: drop list at the top left and click the Help button for advice.
After selecting the required Templates use Add to Project to import them into the Project.
This is also the dialogue in which to View/Edit... templates. See the Help.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
bjz
Silver

Post by bjz »

It is not there. I can find individual templates in a roundabout way by accessing a defined source, but neither method outlined in the Help gets me to my TMG Import template collection as a group.
--Barbara
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

This sounds remarkably similar to a similar question on importing RM Source Templates. Is the answer given there relevant here as well?

The FH website has extensive help on understanding the TMG import.
Mark Draper
bjz
Silver

Post by bjz »

It does sound remarkably like. I will check that out soonest, thank you.
--Barbara
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

There is a lot of very RM-specific information in that thread, but the root cause does look the same. The key step for you will be to download and run the Create Source Template Definitions plugin to create the missing template definitions. Once you have those, you can adapt them as necessary. I don't have any experience of TMG, so can't advise on likely issues, but there are plenty of ex-TMG users here if you do run into problems.
Mark Draper