* Splitting lumped Generic or Templated sources by plugin

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
Stevel05
Family Historian: V6

Re: Splitting lumped Generic or Templated sources by plugin

Post by Stevel05 »

Thanks for the plugin. It allowed me to finally sort out my sources.

My gedcom file is probably 20+ years old and has been in and out of a variety of software over those years. I did have to disable the RootsMagic additional fields check. Who knows what additional fields have been added with any of the previous software, On the basis that I have been tidying the sources, and all the information I wanted was in the right place on FH, anything that might have been lost is not a problem. In fact it probably trimmed out what was not needed.

Thanks again for your hard work putting this together.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Stevel05, to find unusual fields that may have been added over the years I suggest you perform some checks:
  1. Run the File > Validate... command. Although that should have run automatically on importing from RM.
  2. Run the UDF List plugin as explained in the FHUG Knowledge Base advice for Handling Uncategorised Data Fields.
  3. If you have odd Date fields see FHUG KB Fixing Dates and Date Phrases.
  4. Review the results from the FHUG KB Check Project Statistics & Exceptions advice.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Stevel05
Family Historian: V6

Post by Stevel05 »

Thanks Mike,

Yes there were a few, 50% empty. All tidied now.

Steve