* RM to FH: how to convert UDF item to fact flag - preferred, private

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
LeslieP
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

RM to FH: how to convert UDF item to fact flag - preferred, private

Post by LeslieP »

In RootsMagic we mark events as Primary or Private as needed, FH7 now has the same concept with the Fact Flags "preferred" and "private".

The plugin UDF list gives me the list of those items, screenshot attached.
screenshot_20210324_004.png
screenshot_20210324_004.png (2.32 KiB) Viewed 1368 times
Is there a way to create a query that could find those items and set the fact flags as appropriate? Is a query the right thing to look at for solving this?

It would be one of those queries that I'd want to share to other RM converts, making things much easier for them.

Or is there some other way to do this that I haven't figured out yet?
Leslie P
Houston, TX
from TMG to RootsMagic to FH7
publish to web via TNG
tatewise
Megastar

Re: RM to FH: how to convert UDF item to fact flag - preferred, private

Post by tatewise »

No, there is no way that can be performed with a Query.
The options in a Query only allows record Flags to be added to whole Individual records and not facts.
It will need a custom Plugin to be written to perform the changes. Are you up for that challenge?
Once written it would be published in the Plugin Store for all to use and mentioned in the FHUG KB under importing.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LeslieP
Diamond

Re: RM to FH: how to convert UDF item to fact flag - preferred, private

Post by LeslieP »

Oh well, best to know rather than not know, I'll add it to the list of needed plugins.

First one is the plugin to convert all but the first name into alt name attributes, second will be this fact flag conversion. Learning LUA will have to come after I make the final RM import. The great news is that the info is there, ready to be converted from UDF when I'm ready to deal with it!

Still stepping through the UDF list to come up with my conversion process list.

<headdesk>Just discovered that RM exports the repository note field as a "2 NOTE" on the address of the repository, which FH puts into the UDF field, because that's just not where the repository note is supposed to go. Oh my.
Leslie P
Houston, TX
from TMG to RootsMagic to FH7
publish to web via TNG