* Printing imported facts on charts

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
ekbrisson
Family Historian: V7

Printing imported facts on charts

Post by ekbrisson »

Hi, brand new here! I just imported a gedcom with a bunch of facts for each individual. But I can't seem to get the facts to show in any of the charts I try and use. They all show up on the main page. Thank you!
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Printing imported facts on charts

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.

The default settings in Diagram Charts only show a few standard Birth, Marriage, Death and similar events.
However, they can be customised to show any facts.

What product have you imported from?

What facts are listed in the Property Box usually shown on the right?

The Main tab of the Property Box has details for Born, Died, Marriage, etc. Are those details filled in?

Are details of when Born, Died & Married shown in the Focus Window shown on the left?
That is on the Spouses & Children tab and the Parents & Siblings tab.
Maybe, you are talking about the Ancestors tab and Descendants tab that only show names & life dates.

Detail Diagram Charts are shown by the Charts icon in the top toolbar and the four diagram icons to its left.

Have you read the Help > Quick Start Guide that explains how to open Diagrams.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ekbrisson

Post by ekbrisson »

Thank you for your questions!

I imported it from Family Tree Maker v 1998 (please don't laugh, the dinosaur still works!).

All of the info on the Property Box are complete as are all of the details on main tab. All of the facts fields and information imported completely into FH.

My goal was to print an updated family tree for a present next week and I'm just learning all the buttons right now. I'm looking for an ancestor chart with siblings and showing all the facts (census info and such) included in the box.

I'm working my way thru the Guide as I go.
Thank you again!
ekbrisson

Post by ekbrisson »

I did it!! The tree looks gorgeous. I'm so glad I got this! Thank you for your guidance!
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I'm glad you produced what you wanted.

There is often some tidying up needed for data imported from another product such as FTM.
In the FHUG Knowledge Base Importing to Family Historian see the advice under Import from Family Tree Maker (FTM).

You may also find useful the FHUG Knowledge Base FAQ section that has a lot of advice for newcomers.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry