* Importing Media Files from Version 6.2 to 7.2

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
WGD
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Importing Media Files from Version 6.2 to 7.2

Post by WGD »

When I exported files to my new computer, and new version of FH (6.2 to 7.2), the Media file path on my new computer goes to //trees.ancestry.com/rd?f....... All other files moved seamlessly.
The Media path on my old computer was Media//.... etc. How can I switch my file path on my new 7.2 version. I'm 82 years old and trying my best to keep up with all of this technology. Appreciate any help. Thanks
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Importing Media Files from Version 6.2 to 7.2

Post by tatewise »

Sorry WGD, but you will have to explain in more detail how you migrated to the new computer.

Usually, it is just a matter of copying the entire Family Historian Projects folder, or creating a Project Full Backup, copying the ZIP file, and then restoring that backup file.

If the Media path on the old PC was Media\... then that should be the same on the new PC.
I have no explanation for where //trees.ancestry.com/ has come from, which looks like an Ancestry webpage address.

Please explain step by step how you copied your Project from PC to PC and we will sort things out for you.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry