* Family Historian 7, Ancestral Sources 7 & Gedsite do not play well together

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
tlwa01
Silver
Family Historian: None

Family Historian 7, Ancestral Sources 7 & Gedsite do not play well together

Post by tlwa01 »

I produce my website using Family Historian 7 and Gedsite.

If I create sources in FH7 using the Data Entry Assistant then the Website generated by Gedsite is as expected.

If I create sources in FH7 using Ancestral Sources v7, the webite generated by Gedsite does not produce any sources pages. Does anyone else produce websites using this method and if so how did you overcome any problems.
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Family Historian 7, Ancestral Sources 7 & Gedsite do not play well together

Post by NickWalker »

If you use the default settings in Ancestral Sources it doesn't do anything differently to the way you might do things in Family Historian. Are you using the default settings in AS ? e.g. Recording Method 1.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
JohnnyCee
Diamond

Post by JohnnyCee »

The current version of GedSite does not support some new features in FH7. If a source uses FH7 source templates, the GEDCOM file does not include the records that GedSite uses to create source entries.

The good news is, I am mostly done with modifications to support new features in FH7 including source templates and rich text notes. Those features are done. I am currently working on improving support for FH “template functions” like {=TextIf()}, {=ContainsText()}, etc. The current version of GedSite supports only a few of the FH template functions, and there are significant limitations on the parameter values. In the new version, GedSite will have much better support. It won’t implement everything you can do with template functions in FH, but I think it will cover most of what even power users use.
redvanman
Diamond

Post by redvanman »

According to www.gedsite.com GedSite 4.00 is now available; it includes enhancements that support FH7.

Alyn
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

I've been using GS 4 for a few days now - still early days but am finding that things like usage of Rich Text in AS is coming through to FH and on to GS via the Export plugin very well. I should perhaps add that I am still using generic Sources, etc., so am not using Source Templates.
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree