* Exporting life dates to GedSIte

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
redvanman
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Exporting life dates to GedSIte

Post by redvanman »

Like another group member who posted here recently, I have just embarked on using GedSite.
Many of the individuals in my project have baptism dates, but no birth dates.
As far as I can see, Gedsite doesn't have an equivalent to FH's LifeDates function. So can I export this information from FH as an attribute to be picked up by GedSite and displayed on my site?
Thank you.
Alyn
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Exporting life dates to GedSIte

Post by tatewise »

Alyn, my first thought is you are inquiring in the wrong forum.
I suggest you join gs-l@googlegroups.com via https://groups.google.com/g/gs-l and ask about lifespan dates. John Cardinal the GedSite author is extremely responsive. I discussed with him the details of the Export Gedcom File plugin for GedSite.

The GedSite documentation does have a section on lifespan dates at https://www.gedsite.com/en/dates.htm but only seems to consider Birth and Death event dates.

In FH it is not possible to use a Custom Attribute with the =LifeDates(...) function setting its attribute value.
The best you could do is define the Sentence Template to use the =LifeDates(...) function but I doubt if GedSite would understand that function.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
redvanman
Diamond

Re: Exporting life dates to GedSIte

Post by redvanman »

Mike,
Thank you for your help. It is useful to know that I can't easily export the life dates from FH, and I will take it up on the GedSite group, to which I am already subsribed.
Alyn