* Fact Types imported from TMG

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
ricklach
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Fact Types imported from TMG

Post by ricklach »

I recently imported my TMG database into FH6. In the process it created some new fact types. For example, I now have two fact types for burial with the default being the one that was imported. I modified the standard fact type to produce the sentence structure that I want. Is there a means of populating the imported burial fact type with the sentence structure from the standard fact type globally or merging the two fact types keeping the standard burial fact type?
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Fact Types imported from TMG

Post by Jane »

You can use the Change Any Fact Tag plugin to move all your custom facts to standard Burial Facts and you can then customise those standard Burial Facts to match your requirements.

This was covered in how_to:import_from_tmg|> Import from The Master Genealogist (TMG).
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Fact Types imported from TMG

Post by tatewise »

Alternatively, also as implied in how_to:import_from_tmg|> Import from The Master Genealogist (TMG), in TMG use Tools > Master Tag Type List, select the event tag name, click Edit and on the Other tab set the GEDCOM export Tag: appropriately.
i.e. for Burial use BURI and likewise for other facts.

Then when the TMG data is imported into FH it will automatically use the standard GEDCOM fact types.

Please ask if you need further advice about setting the GEDCOM standard Tags for particular fact types.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry