* Sort Date & Gedcom to GedSite

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
Linda Reinfeld
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Sort Date & Gedcom to GedSite

Post by Linda Reinfeld »

Hi Mike -
This is a continuation from Import from TMG with Sort Date in GEDCOM (15484).

I have now started to test the Gedcom export to GedSite with the correct sort dates from your plugin.

Looking at the same record - #13, unfortunately I don't see the correct sort date in the export Gedcom.
The data is now correct in FH - sort date of 1 Jan 1867 for the NotePersonal fact.
However the date in the Gedcom from FH, using the plugin version 3.4 (which I hope is the latest), the sort date for the NotePersonal fact is 8 Feb 1864, one day after the Birth fact.

I have checked my files to make sure I am running the correct files - I change dates to insure I have the latest. I don't understand how the sort date could revert to the problem we had before when the facts names didn't match between the TMG gedcom and the FH gedcom

Linda
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Sort Date & Gedcom to GedSite

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

I don't *think* Mike has update the Gedcom export plugin yet to use the new facility -- he's been concentrating on getting the import right first.
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

Mike attached a 3.4.1 version of the Export Gedcom plugin to the Import from TMG with Sort Date in GEDCOM (15484) (Page 2) thread that "recognises LMO Sort Dates created by the..." Sort Date plugin.
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Thanks, Brent.
Linda Reinfeld
Famous

Post by Linda Reinfeld »

Thanks for the reminder that there was a new plugin - I had forgotten, the sort date post was so long!
Ran it, and it fixed one problem - I will look at others.

As a newbie, I am concerned about plugins - how do I know I am running the latest version? I thought maybe they were automatically updated....

Linda Reinfeld
davidm_uk
Megastar

Post by davidm_uk »

Linda,

Plugins aren't automatically updated, however there is a plugin in the store at http://www.family-historian.co.uk/plugi ... try?id=253 that you can download and install that, when run, will check all of your installed plugins against that store and advise if any need updating.

Remember that plugins under development, including updates, that have not yet been released to the store, will not be checked. You can only get updates to these from the message threads in the FHUG forum.
David Miller - researching Miller, Hare, Walker, Bright (mostly Herts, Beds, Dorset and London)
PeterR
Megastar

Post by PeterR »

I think a lot of Mike's plugins in the Plugin Store check for an update each time they are run.
Last edited by PeterR on 31 Dec 2017 19:28, edited 2 times in total.
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

As mentioned above, version 3.4.1 of the Export Gedcom is a development release and therefore not in the Plugin Store so any formal checks would not pick this up as being the "latest and greatest".
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree