- A new main menu gives much more guidance on how to use the plugin, rather than just simple button options.
- There is a clearer distinction between the first read-only comparison of FH and RM, which is used to report all the differences between FH and RM (and hence the linked ANC tree), and the subsequent write access that removes old versions of updated facts.
- The generated Research Notes are reformatted with clearer instructions for how they are used, rather than just listing differences without comment.
- All updates involving Family Facts are reported under the individual spouses, as this is how they are processed.
- All changes are now reported, correcting the minor omissions noted earlier.
- There was an inconsistency for Individuals who had been merged. FH keeps both Unique ID values, consistent with the approach of GEDCOM 7, and both were exported by the plugin. However, RM7/8 support only a single Unique ID value, and when reading in a GEDCOM file only the LAST value is retained. The plugin uses the FIRST value for FH records, leading to a mismatch when comparing records. This has now been fixed to export only the FIRST value to keep it consistent with what RM expects to see.
- “Living” flags are exported and synced, as per earlier discussion.
The KB page has now been updated to describe this version of the plugin and sync process.
Finally, thanks to David Potter for his invaluable suggestions and testing as the new version was developed.
[Edit - I've temporarily deleted the download file, as there may be an issue with the Living flag. It's late now, so I'll investigate further tomorrow and repost - sorry about that ]