* Interesting video getting ready for 1921 Census in RM7 and FH7

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Interesting video getting ready for 1921 Census in RM7 and FH7

Post by Jane »

Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
Mark1834
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Interesting video getting ready for 1921 Census in RM7 and FH7

Post by Mark1834 »

Thanks Jane, interesting. Spoiler alert - the census reference is incidental, and it's much more about how easy/difficult it is to query data in FH vs RM.

I've never understood why Bruce Buzbee and his team haven't embraced the work done by the enthusiasts behind SQLite Tools for RootsMagic. It really enhances the ability to query RM data, and being a "proper" database, the structure is much more amenable to flexible queries than is the case with FH. The very big downside is that you need to have an understanding of basic SQL, not the easy point-and-click of basic FH queries.

Well done to team Orde - FH queries might be slightly idiosyncratic in their style and limited in what they can do, but they are accessible to newcomers with relatively little effort.
Mark Draper