* CrossOver v19

The place to chat and put the world to rights
Valkrider
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

CrossOver v19

Post by Valkrider » 09 Dec 2019 15:35

I have just received an announcement that CrossOver 19 will be released tomorrow.

I have tried the beta's and the release candidates and they all work with FH and AS fine on a Mac just like 18. However, on Mojave I am still getting the 32bit warning even though this is supposed to be fixed in this version. So I am still not updating to Catalina.

mjashby
Superstar

Re: CrossOver v19

Post by mjashby » 11 Dec 2019 12:19

Colin,

Works fine on Catalina (which itself has just been upgraded to 10.15.2 - another 3Gb download which makes Windows monthly updates look puny!)

A third-party MacOS checker (Go64) reports Crossover as 64-bit, apart from one library file 'libFAudio.0.19.10.dylib' Not sure what the impact might be, but it doesn't adversely affect any of the apps I've tried so far. FH6, Ancestral Sources, Charting Companion 7, RootsMagic 7 all working O.K., although screen redrawing tends to slow down sometimes - which might be down to the combination of applications being used at the same time).

Mervyn

Bundle
Gold

Post by Bundle » 05 Jan 2020 12:39

Mervyn, I've upgraded my MacOS to Catalina, and have the latest Crossover 19. When I start Family Historian I get stuck with the message "Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version. File "MSIMG32.dll" error 126." Any ideas what steps I could try?

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise » 05 Jan 2020 13:27

This may be unrelated but see Knowledge Base > Error 126: DLL Maybe Missing, Corrupt or Wrong Version that suggests the Microsoft Visual C++ package normally installed by ƒh was not installed correctly.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Bundle
Gold

Post by Bundle » 05 Jan 2020 18:48

Thanks Mike. I've been an hour or two but am now sorted.
I think that file I mentioned was in a list of those deleted by BitDefender anti-virus when I installed CrossOver 19 a couple of weeks back. It treated several of them as possible Trojans. CodeWeavers have issued advice on this.
I decided to uninstall BitDefender, uninstall CrossOver and FH6 and start the process again.
This didn't go too well at first with an error message about not being able to create a bottle for FH6.
I succeeded eventually.

FH6 is now working successfully under MacOS Catalina and Crossover 19 for me. I don't use Ancestral Sources so can't comment on that.

Happy New Year to all.

Nicola

Post by Nicola » 10 Jan 2020 16:13

I've just discovered Crossover and am thrilled to see FH on my large screened Mac! I'm only on the Crossover free trial at the moment and this may be why I cannot access FMP or MH hints? Clicking on the hint opens the web screen but nothing else happens - it's blank. Can you access hints on the full version only?

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise » 10 Jan 2020 16:20

Welcome to the FHUG Nicola.

FMP and MH hints work OK in the FH 30-day Trial version. The only restriction is Plugins won't work.
You are experiencing one of the Crossover limitations.

My suspicion is that you have probably not worked through all of the detailed sections of advice within Knowledge Base > Family Historian V6 & Ancestral Sources V5 on Crossover, PlayOnLinux/Mac & Wine where under Reported Problems it says "Use Tools > Preferences > Internet Data Matches > Location to Display Matches: External Web Browser to avoid problems with the internal window."

Checkout the other problem avoidance advice too.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Nicola

Post by Nicola » 10 Jan 2020 16:24

Thanks, Mike. I was in such a rush to try it out, I probably missed that bit :)

...And it works! Thanks again!