* Error in downloading ver. 5.4

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
MartinPage
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Error in downloading ver. 5.4

Post by MartinPage »

I've had version 5.3 on my PC for some time now. I visited FHUG for the first time in a while and discovered that there'd been an updated version (5.4) for some months now. I tried to download and run the program but kept getting (I tried several times) the following error message: 'The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program.' Version 5.3 still seems to be intact. Any ideas? Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Regards, Martin.

ID:2753
Researching: Page, Upson, Rolfe, Hazledine & Thompson (Middlesbrough)
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

The usual advice with this kind of thing is to clear your temporary files in your web browser and try again. Something probably went wrong with the original download and now it is cached on your computer. If you are using Internet Explorer 7 then go for Tools->Internet Options then under Browsing History click on Delete... and then delete temporary Internet files. Then try downloading it again.

If all else fails, I'm hoping to release another version in the next few weeks so you could wait for that.

Best wishes

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
MartinPage
Platinum

Post by MartinPage »

Thanks Nick, I took your advice and it worked!

Cheers, Martin.
Researching: Page, Upson, Rolfe, Hazledine & Thompson (Middlesbrough)