* wrong year!!

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
miffywebb
Diamond
Family Historian: None

wrong year!!

Post by miffywebb »

[oops]Sometimes I dont think I should use computers!!!
I have been using GedCom Census,taking my time and I thought being careful. However I have entered the data for 1851 but somehow put it in as 1841.[oops]I have tried to edit it via FH as suggester in FAQ but I still have 1841 flags on diagrams, can someone explain how to sort my mess out, please??

ID:3115
RalfofAmber
Famous

wrong year!!

Post by RalfofAmber »

If you want to clear all 1841 flags you could use 'Tools->Work with named lists and flags' and first use option 3 to clear all records with the flag set.

If you have some records you want to keep then put them in a list first, use '3' to clear the flag from every record, then '1' to put the flag back on your listed records.

Of course back the file up first before trying these!
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

wrong year!!

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Miffyweb

It isn't clear whether you're talking about just one 1851 census entry you've wrongly allocated as 1841 or all of them. However, if you've now fixed the problem (and assuming you've associated your flags with the correct years in Gedcom Census), you should find that Gedcom Census will correctly reallocate the flags either automatically when you run GC or if you select Tools->Census Flags->Flag Check.

Hope this helps

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
miffywebb
Diamond

wrong year!!

Post by miffywebb »

Thank you, now sorted with your help.[smile]