* error message- file permission/disk space/fileopen

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
moscow
Gold
Family Historian: None

error message- file permission/disk space/fileopen

Post by moscow »

I've just gone into Gedcom census for the first time in a couple of months and when I try to save, keep getting an error message saying the file can't be backed up because I don't have permission or there isn't enough disc space or the file is open in another application. None of these appears to be true!. I've reinstalled Gedcom census but it made no difference. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. I have a big stack of 1911 to input.

ID:3453
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

The following might help Nick answer your problem.

Are you running on Vista?

Have your tried running in Admin mode?

What Directories are set for your backups? ( in options) and do those directories exist?
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
moscow
Gold
Family Historian: None

Post by moscow »

Many thanks for the tips Jane,they enabled me to sort it very quickly. I recently moved all my family history stuff into a newly created file folder and so the back up file references on Gedcom census had become invalid.Simply correcting the file path in options seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks