* Images

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
KarenMG
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Images

Post by KarenMG »

Nick,
Is there anyway that Gedcom Census can / will be able to add the select image to the event that gedcom census creates?
I know that it adds it to the source citation that is created each time.

I would really like it if, when selecting 'all media for selected individual' the relevant census returns were listed in there too. I have started adding them to the events manually myself.

ID:3726
Jane
Site Admin

Images

Post by Jane »

I wonder if this would be better as a wish list option in FH to show images attached to linked records when selecting an individual, as otherwise you will have to remember to mark them all as exclude from reports and diagrams to avoid getting the images more than once.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
NickWalker
Megastar

Images

Post by NickWalker »

I'm not really sure why images attached to events have become such a prominent feature in FH4. Effectively adding an image to a citation which is linked to an event does the same thing. But that's not really the point of your question, Gedcom Census was written for FH3 and images linked to events were not really emphasised in FH3 and so GC doesn't have that option. The next entirely new version that will be released later this year will have support for event images (I've already written that bit!) but you'll have to wait for that I'm afraid.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
KarenMG
Platinum

Images

Post by KarenMG »

As long as its coming, i dont mind waiting. :)
Its just nice to see at a glance all the relevant photos / documents that you hold for an individual all in one place, and if I am honest the gedcom census source citations are the only ones that are created and used for the purpose they were designed. I have generic ones - birth cert, service records etc etc etc and then include the detail on the event.