* Census not showing on FH

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
lyn
Silver
Family Historian: None

Census not showing on FH

Post by lyn »

I have been using GedCom Census for some years now without any problem.  But, I have realised today on entering several new Censuses that they are not showing on the FH file, although they are showing in the View Log file of GedCom Census.  Also new entries on the FH file have not shown up on the GedcomCensus prog. I updated to V4.02 a few months ago.
Is there something I should have altered on your Gedcom because of the new update?[confused]
Lyn

ID:4406
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Census not showing on FH

Post by Jane »

When you went to V4 and created a project did you remember to tell GEDCOM census to use the new GEDCOM file?
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Census not showing on FH

Post by NickWalker »

Just to add to Jane's post...

A lot of people have been confused by the fact that when FH4 converts your file into a project it means you are now using a new copy of your file in a different place. Of course Gedcom Census has no idea you're doing this and so continues to use the original copy that it always used.

In Gedcom Census go to File->Open then your project is probably in a folder called Family Historian Projects in your My Documents folder. For example if your project was called Tree then the file you need to open would be: My DocumentsFamily Historian ProjectsTreeTree.fh_datatree.ged

Hope that helps

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
lyn
Silver
Family Historian: None

Census not showing on FH

Post by lyn »

Many thanks Nick and Jane. I thought I must have missed a move. I did check my directory tree, which seemed ok, but had not thought matters through thoroughly. All in working order now[grin]