* GC Start up problem 2

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
Newbury
Gold
Family Historian: V6

GC Start up problem 2

Post by Newbury »

I cant get gc to start or even show up.I uninstalled and re-installed but problem remains.I get basic instructions, guides etc, but when i try to open application i get access to one of my genealogy family files, totally unrelated to GC.
On reinstalling i got message that GC was on file somewhere, but I reinstalled anyway. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

ID:4428
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

GC Start up problem 2

Post by NickWalker »

When GC opens which family history file are you opening? - you need to navigate through your folders to the GEDCOM file you use in Family Historian. You can find out where this is in Family Historian by going to the File menu and selecting File Statistics. Make sure that the file referred to is the same file you're opening in Gedcom Census - go to File and Open in Gedcom Census and make sure you open the same file.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
Newbury
Gold
Family Historian: V6

GC Start up problem 2

Post by Newbury »

Hi Nick,thanks for your help.It took me a while to figure it out,but eventually the penny dropped.I had been reorganizing my filing system, and assume I did something the computer didnt like.Thanks again
david