* add new images

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
wigansaint
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

add new images

Post by wigansaint »

I've recently updated to version 7 of family Historian and the latest Ancestral Sources software .When using previous versions of the both software I have added an image of the birth certificate. I have now acquired a number of "Certificate of registry of birth ".

For the sake of completeness how do I add images of these certs. to the births I have already added via AS? Can this be done through AS or using the "Add media" to a source in FH?

Thanks.
russellf97
Platinum

Re: add new images

Post by russellf97 »

Open the Facts tab in the Property Box. Click on the media symbol (the two overlapping blue boxes) of the fact you want to add media to, then click on the box at top right 'Add Media for Fact'.
Phil

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

It can also be done in AS through the 'Add Images to Existing Sources' feature in the View menu and on the tool bar.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

To expand upon Phil's suggestion, the Add Media for Fact... button will attach the image directly to the Fact and not the Citation or Source record. To do that, use the similar Show Media button in the Sources For yellow pane, which opens the Citation window on its Media tab where you can add the image to either the Citation or the Source Record.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry