* Autotext Editing for Burial

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Autotext Editing for Burial

Post by David Potter »

Hi Forum. Can anyone help me edit the Ancestral Sources Burial AutoTemplate to include the title for person administering the burial. Eg, Curate, Minister. Please see attached images. I tried to make changes but these don't seem to work. In fact what is there already doesn't work! Unfortunately this is quite alien to me and the help text didn't help.

I would like the last line to read Bob Jones - Minister, or whatever is entered into the Associated Individuals screen for Clergy only. If I can solve that then witnesses and mourners I might be able to tackle myself with a working example.

Many thanks.
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (114.69 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (87.5 KiB) Viewed 2633 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Autotext Editing for Burial

Post by tatewise »

Where each ASSOCLIST name is added follow it with the descriptive word you want:
e.g.
=IF[{MINISTER}|By whom the ceremony was performed: {MINISTER} - Minister |=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}|By whom the ceremony was performed: {ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA} - Minister |=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}|By whom the ceremony was performed: {ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA} - Priest |=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}|By whom the ceremony was performed: {ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA} - Rabbi |]]]]

Anything in curly brackets is a place holder keyword for a name, e.g. {ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}
Anything before or after that name keyword, between the | vertical bars | is literal text.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David Potter
Megastar

Re: Autotext Editing for Burial

Post by David Potter »

Thank you Mike. I'll give that a try