* Add Images

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
ColinMc
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Add Images

Post by ColinMc »

Two days ago, I was quite happily using AS to enter a mix of Birth , death etc records. In every case, the first thing I did was to click on Add Images at the top right. Then I simply dragged the relevant jpg file from screen 2 onto the appropriate area on the AS Image Viewer Screen.

Yesterday, when I tried to do the same thing, I kept getting what looks like a "No Entry" sign, when the cursor was over the Image Viewer. Today I have the same issue.

I have tried to use different images, I've tried working totally from screen 1, I've rebooted, but I still cant drag and drop. In every case however if I add the same photo from the select file button, the Image viewer happily accepts it, so the jpgs appear to be OK. I've also tried restoring an old AS backup, without success.

To my knowledge, I haven't changed any Windows (10) settings, and drag and drop works quite happily with Photoshop. There could of course have been Windows updates in the background, but it seems an unlikely thing to change with a Windows update.

Any suggestions welcome.
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Add Images

Post by Jane »

Is it possible your File Manager or AS is running in Admin mode, as you can't drag and drop between different levels.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
AdrianBruce
Megastar

Post by AdrianBruce »

Jane wrote: 02 Apr 2020 13:57 ... you can't drag and drop between different levels.
Thank you Jane - I think you've just explained a problem of mine in some software utterly unrelated to genealogy! I don't think I ever knew that - or I'd forgotten if I did.
Adrian
ColinMc
Superstar

Post by ColinMc »

Thank you Jane

That was exactly what the problem was. I must admit that is a completely new one on me. I'd never have suspected that.

Thanks again
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families