* Multiple source and image title templates for marriages?

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
fugu68
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Multiple source and image title templates for marriages?

Post by fugu68 »

I have recently started to use AS to input GRO certificates and Parish records. My naming scheme for source and media records distinguishes GRO certificates (prefixed with BC MC and DC) from Parish records (prefixed with BAP MAR and BUR).

I can keep this distinction easily with AS for baptisms versus births and deaths versus burials, but is there a way to do it for GRO marriage certificates versus parish marriage records? As far as I can see, I would have to change the image/source title template prefix each time to MC or MAR - is that correct?

Many thanks?
Andrew Slater: researching Slater and Lewis.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Multiple source and image title templates for marriages?

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

You could try using the Other Info field, which can be included as {OTHER} in a template, or the Ref ID filed ({REF}) if you don't use them for anything else.

Some time back -- and I can't find the post, it's so long ago -- I asked about having the option for different settings for different source types for the same event (GRO, PR, BT etc.) but it would be a huge amount of work for Nick Walker so I doin't expect him to do it.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

If you cannot use either of Helen's suggestions (via the Further Info tab), then simply edit the Title box.
You don't need to change the Title Template each time.
That just seeds the Title box, but you can manually override its text as required, but leave that until just before you Save otherwise any auto-seeds will revert to the template.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

If you're going to do a lot of manual tweaking of the title, consider putting the whole thing in the Other info box and making the template just {OTHER} -- that way any data changes you make won't affect the title. But it's more work.
fugu68
Gold
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by fugu68 »

Many thanks, Mike and Helen.

I think Mike's suggestion will work well for me - I can just replace my title prefix before saving, and use the 'image title same as source title' option. Seems to work nicely.
Andrew Slater: researching Slater and Lewis.