* Media files attached in AS

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
KarenMG
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Media files attached in AS

Post by KarenMG »

Please can someone help remind me how I get a media image to attach the created census fact entry rather than the source for that entry?
I know this used to be possible as all my previous research / census entries have the image attached to the fact, not the source.
How do I go about changing the settings to do this again (I have had a couple of years away)?
I do not want the source to have the image file and nor do I want AS to create a brand new source each time for each family, I would like to be able to pick a standard 1939 source, but can't remember how to do that either......
Thanks (note to self, do not take years away from research again in future)
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Media files attached in AS

Post by tatewise »

Firstly, when migrating to Crossover you should have copied across your AS settings from the past.
If you can still access them then use the ancestralsources:ancestral_sources_migration_guide|> Ancestral Sources Migration Guide.

It sounds like you are employing Method 2 lumper Sources.
So in the AS Tools > Options > Census settings ensure Method 2 (data in citations) is selected.
Then in Census settings - method 2 select the required options for Images and Source Text and Templates.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry