* Civil Partnership Template

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
raysmithy
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Civil Partnership Template

Post by raysmithy »

Is there a way of creating a civil partnership template in Ancestral Sources?
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Civil Partnership Template

Post by tatewise »

Please give us a few more clues about which Template you are talking about.

I presume you may mean an Autotext Template in addition to the existing Marriage a Parish Register templates.
If so, then see ancestralsources:ancestral_sources_tutorial_working_with_templates|> Ancestral Sources Tutorial ~ Working With Templates and follow the Auto Text tutorial that should explain all you need.

If you are talking about something else then please explain.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
raysmithy
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Post by raysmithy »

Thanks Mike
I haven't been very clear in my question.
I have tried adding a civil partnership template to the existing marriage template which works OK but obviously when viewed in facts on family historian it appears as Marriage - which technically it isn't. I've also tried creating a new 'civil partnership' fact in FH but again the label is technically incorrect (Civil Partnership marr. persons name). If there was a way of getting rid of the marr part, I would be happy!
Ray
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Checkout how_to:recording_a_marriage_civil_partnership|> Recording a Marriage/Civil Partnership that offers many suggestions.

However, remember the terminology for events such as Marriage and Census are tied to the GEDCOM specification that was designed before events such as Civil Partnership and 1939 Register were prevalent.
It is generally better to use those standard key events, because they are intrinsically supported in so many features, not just in FH but in all other products. Custom events would not have that support. So although maybe not technically a Marriage or a Census those related events are conceptually close enough, so it may be advantageous to live with the terminology, but adjust it where possible.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry