* Add filenames to report?

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
picnic
Family Historian: None

Add filenames to report?

Post by picnic »

I have set various options to produce exactly the type of Individual Narrative that I need but with one exception... I need to show the filenames for multimedia objects as well as the captions etc. for example 'Fred Smith aged 18' fred_smith_18.jpg

Is this possible (easily)? I'd prefer not to have to construct such a detailed query/report from scratch!

Many thanks

Paul.

ID:7017
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Add filenames to report?

Post by tatewise »

I don't believe that is possible.

The best I can suggest is a Publish > Multimedia Report and select the desired records such as Fred Smith.
The report can be customised via the Report Options.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jane
Site Admin

Add filenames to report?

Post by Jane »

One possible option if you have the file names in the titles of the multimedia would be to turn on the use title for caption.

If you explain your reasoning behind wanting to show the file names, we could see if we can think on another way of getting the information in another way.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
picnic
Family Historian: None

Add filenames to report?

Post by picnic »

Thanks both.

The output is going to be inserted into a wiki and it would be much easier if the filename was included in the output rather than having to manually link some 800 images!

Many thanks

Paul
PeterR
Megastar

Add filenames to report?

Post by PeterR »

I'm not sure that this will help, but among the very many benefits of FH version 5:
Improved Website Generation and Support for Family Tree CDs & DVDs
Clicking on a thumbnail or other image in a generated web-page can optionally cause either the same image, or the full picture the image was taken from, to be displayed blown-up in a ‘popup’ window
And there is an excellent V5 Plugin to further enhance the output.
Peter Richmond (researching Richmond, Bulman, Martin, Driscoll, Baxter, Hall, Dales, Tyrer)
tatewise
Megastar

Add filenames to report?

Post by tatewise »

Two points.

(1)
The specific option that Jane mentioned in Report Options is:
On the Pictures tab, tick Inc. Picture Title... but UNTICK ...If Showing Whole Pictures Only.
Also in the Multimedia details the Use Note as Caption must NOT be ticked.

(2)
Does the Wiki accept HTML formatted pages?
If so the Internet > Create a Website option might help.
This would create HTML web pages with the Multimedia image files already linked to the Narrative Report pages.

There is advice about this feature in the Knowledge Base under Make a Family Tree CD/DVD or Website.

You will notice that FH V5 has vastly improved this feature and has Plugins to enhance it further.

There may need to be some further editing of the HTML to fit it in with the Wiki.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry