* General Assistance

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
saban
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

General Assistance

Post by saban »

My previous posting was entitled 'to recover trees'. I am progressing !!!
Having now with the aid of my magnifying glass tediously worked through chapters 1-3 of 'the book2 I would now like to read chapter 6 and get acquainted with Mr Peabody.
Is there any way that I can enlarge the print to 14 point so that I can print it off and be more comfortable reading it?
Secondly, is there anyone within the Reading (Berks) area that I can contact with very basic problems?
Thirdly, there seems to be many providers: Ancestry, My History, Who do you think you are, to name just a few. Is there one better than others for a beginner? I would like the facility of looking at BMD back to 1837, and seeing Parish Records for Hertford (Herts) and Chelmsford (Essex) where most of my ancestors come from. I am unable to travel by car.
Any help on these three points would be appreciated
Thank you
Ron [smile]

ID:7019
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

General Assistance

Post by Jane »

When you open the book it will display what ever size, but when you print Adobe will scale to print your printer page. It might be worth printing off a couple of pages on A4 to see how you get on. The print will be bigger than the book that comes in the book anyway.

Another option if you don't have an A3 printer yourself is to see if you can get someone to print it to an A3 print scaling to fit in adobe.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
saban
Diamond
Family Historian: V5

General Assistance

Post by saban »

Thank you Jane. sorry to be a pain but it does not work for me.
This is what I have done using FH4.1. FHSample Project>open project>Help>Book: getting the most....>Chapter 6 >Print File.Current page>55>Actual size>Enter.
The Print I get is probably 6 point, I would like it to be 14 point if possible.
Thank you for your time
Ron
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

General Assistance

Post by Jane »

I don't thing you can change the font on a PDF file, have you played around with the print zoom mode on Adobe.

Another option if you have an ebook reader you could download the mobi or epub file in the knowledge base to that and read it on there.

http://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=how_to:index

I had a thought last night as I had the Mobi version of the file, so I have edited it to use 14pt font and created a PDF which I have added to the knowledge base you can also download it below:

http://www.fhug.org.uk/wiki/lib/exe/fet ... ersion.pdf
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."