* Publishing Note Records

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Glenn Webby
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Publishing Note Records

Post by Glenn Webby »

Hi folks,

simple question: when you

Publish > Miscellaneous Reports > Note Records

how do you set up your Notes Record that you want to publish so that the title of the Report (Heading Level 1) is just the title you want and not the entire text of the note truncated ? Probably a daft question but I can't see it in the documentation.

Many thanks for any help
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: Publishing Note Records

Post by Mark1834 »

Not at all a daft question - I can't see how to do it!

To amplify, neither Notes nor Research Notes have a "Title" as such. They are just text. Research Notes appear to have a title because both the Records Window and the Research Note Report are set up to look for text of the form "Title: This is the note title". However, this does not seem to work for plain Note records.

This feels like an omission, or have I missed something? If it can be done, I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to correct me....
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, it is impossible, so I published Note Records with Options in the Plugin Store > Plugins > Plugins for V7 > Report Plugins.

The Heading my be derived from a Data Reference such as %NOTE.REFN% (the Custom Id) or plain text.
See the Report Plugin description.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Glenn Webby
Platinum

Post by Glenn Webby »

Many thanks both,

first for cross checking my sanity and secondly for explaining why and a work around.

Top drawer, thanks.
Glenn Webby
Platinum

Post by Glenn Webby »

Tried out your plug-in Mike.

Exactly what I was hoping for. Many thanks that is a very useful addition for me.