* Changing sources to citations - tidying up!

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Ruth_W
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Changing sources to citations - tidying up!

Post by Ruth_W »

Is there any simple way to change a source to a citation? I've pretty much got the hang of them now, but I do occasionally find something I've entered earlier as a source that really should have been a citation. For instance, My source, 'Find a Grave' also has the burial entry for John Sunderland as part of the source, when nowadays I have learned that I want individual entries to be citations. Is there a way to find these (I don't think there are that many!) and change them - I know I can cut and paste ... but I have to find them first!
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Changing sources to citations - tidying up!

Post by tatewise »

Sorry, I can't think of any shortcuts to that.
You will just have to review each Source record in the Sources tab of the Records Window.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Are your "problem" sources more likely to contain a source-level Text From Source? This is not displayed in the Records Window by default, but you can add it (right-click on the column headings, select "Configure Columns..., then <Other>, click on the right arrow, then on << Insert Data Ref..., and finally Text From Source about halfway down the list).

It doesn't convert them, but it might make finding them easier.
Mark Draper
Ruth_W
Diamond

Post by Ruth_W »

Thanks for the input - it’s always worth asking!