* FH on wrong Drive

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
tmwgray
Gold
Family Historian: V7

FH on wrong Drive

Post by tmwgray »

Not strictly a FH problem but can anyone help with this?
I have no idea why this has happened.
FH has always installed on my C: Drive I am using the latest version 7.0.11 and have been using it since before V5. I have been away from my laptop for a month or so and what is shown now is on the screenshots.

C Drive.
What I see now is shown on the screenshots attached. There only seems to be the Family Historian Project folder. Those blanked out in Red are actual projects I have created in the past.

D Drive (USB) used for all my backups.
What I see there is what seems to be the actual FH Programme. The Family Historian Backup folder is one I created on the D Drive (USB) to hold the backups I create.

Would it be safe to drag the programme from D drive to C drive?

Tom Gray
Attachments
C; Drive image.jpg
C; Drive image.jpg (115.83 KiB) Viewed 672 times
D Drive image.jpg
D Drive image.jpg (127.13 KiB) Viewed 672 times
tatewise
Megastar

Re: FH on wrong Drive

Post by tatewise »

Tom, I cannot see much wrong with what is shown in your screenshots.
I suspect you have been investigating folders that you have not inspected before!

C:\Users\...\Documents\Family Historian Projects\ correctly holds your Project folders (and maybe some other stuff).
The only entry that is a little unusual is the Calico Pie folder but that is a separate matter..

D:\Family Historian\ is the backup folder used by the Backup and Restore Family Historian Settings plugin to save all your custom settings, some of which are derived from the C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\ folder.
I can see you last ran that plugin at about 3pm on Monday 1st November last year.

The FH V7 program is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\ folder and is nothing to do with the above.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
tmwgray
Gold

Re: FH on wrong Drive

Post by tmwgray »

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Glad to hear it is OK.

Tom