* customize property box with named lists

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
BevSmallwood
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

customize property box with named lists

Post by BevSmallwood »

I've created a Flags tab and added those.

Is there a way to do this with named lists?
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: customize property box with named lists

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

No, there isn't, I'm afraid.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Bev, perhaps an explanation is necessary of why it is not currently possible.
Each field in a Property Box custom tab is currently restricted to a Data Reference that is local to the current record.
That is fine for Record Flags that are a sub-field of an Individual Record, i.e. %INDI._FLGS.__...%
However, Named Lists are not a sub-field of the current record and to determine if an individual is in a Named List requires a function call such as =IsInList( %INDI%, "Bookmarks" )
Function calls are not a Data Reference so are currently not allowed in this context.

See Wish List Ref 474 allow fields with qualifiers and function results on property box tabs and Vote for it so custom tabs can use all features of Expressions as elsewhere in FH, e.g. Data References (including links to other records) and Function calls.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
BevSmallwood
Diamond

Post by BevSmallwood »

Here's what I've been doing.

Working through an obituary I've been adding people, or adding residences existing people etc., or just adding them to a named list without edits. I'm doing ALT+E, ALT+A, type list name.

Once finished I can go to the obituary fact and share it with all the people on the named list. Then I go through the shares and change the role to reflect the relationship.

Afterwards, I empty the list for the next use.