* Request for help with failing memory

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
jclifford
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Request for help with failing memory

Post by jclifford »

A few months ago I found that my habit of entering dates extracted from the GRO online indexes into Birth Date or Death Date in the FH Property Box was causing too many problems, so I decided to set up custom events for Birth and Death Registration and then transfer the existing quarter dates+places into the new events.

Step A: I created custom queries to select all those records which contained "Q" in the Birth/Death Date fields and used the results to create named lists for these records (about 4,000 records in each).

Step B: I used these two named lists to move (in bulk) the contents of the Birth Date and Birth Place events for all the records in the list into the Birth Registration events - and similarly for deaths.

My problem is that I have completely forgotten how I carried out Step B.

Could anyone think of how such a process might have been carried out?
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Request for help with failing memory

Post by LornaCraig »

You outlined your method in this topic: How can I use a quarter date in a custom query? (20612)
Scroll down to the last of several posts you made in the topic, where you listed a 5 stage procedure involving Notepad++.
Last edited by tatewise on 02 Jul 2022 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Notepad to Notepad++
Lorna
jclifford
Famous

Re: Request for help with failing memory

Post by jclifford »

Thank you very much Lorna.

Actually I was referring to Notepad++ which is a free program I found on the internet and seems to have facilities for manipulating text files which are not available in Notepad or Wordpad or Word.